Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mobile Blogging

There has been another question doing the rounds in the mobile blogosphere and that is what a pain mobile blogging is. Well I'm proof it isn't as most of my posts are done via my mobile. I chose blogger because it was easy to use and of course you are automatically added to the powerful and everybody's favourite search engine google, nice! Now I have to agree that it did not used to be easy to set up and there is a myth that the mobile bit is only available in the US. This is not the case and is a result of a slight overhang from when it was not owned by google. It couldn't be easier to set up. You need a google account (I would also recommend setting up gmail at the same time), then send an email to go@blogger.com and that's it. Go to blogger type in the token sent to your email and your ready to blog. To post just send an email to go@blogger.com, the email subject is the title of your post and the email subject is er well the subject of your post. Now your mobile blog name is a random title that blogger makes for you so if you want a meaningful one, like our conectd you might have to use a PC to find an available name and then link your mobile posts to that (I actually did this using opera mini, because well I could). Mobile blogging is great because you can do it where and when you want to. I find that by the time your PC has eventually loaded up, you have forgotten what you wanted to say. Even if you don't have a cell connection, you can save it as a draft email and send it later. If you want to be really geeky you can use opera mini and blog as if you where using a PC, but the choice is yours. Happy Mobile blogging!

No comments: