Thursday, January 24, 2008

Eagerly Waiting (part 4)

It's been over a week now since my class set of EEe PC's arrived in Auckland and I'm still waiting for them. Apparently they are in transit having been sent from the distributors in Auckland but haven't arrived in the shop (Hamilton) yet. Oh well still another 5 days before the start of term but it is beginning to cut it a bit fine. I had anticipated this given the demand for them globally and us well just being little old New Zealand, down here on the other side of the world. Apparently according to Wikipedia they have sold 300,000 since they were launched in Taiwan on October the 16th, 2007 and hope to sell over a million this year.I am prepared to grab a few last minute photocopied worksheets if need be but I really don't want to. It would be so awesome to start the new school year with a completely different approach to my teaching not to mention the student's learning.

No comments: