Saturday, January 26, 2008

1 conectd 25 more to go

We managed to get one of the Eee PC's onto the wifi today (mine of course). It was a little bit trickier than first thought due to our closed microsoft system (but the less said about that the better). In the end we ended up setting up a separate wifi point just for my room. Unfortunately it means that I won't be able to roam around the school and use other wifi points but I'm quite happy to pick up my rabbit ears and internet cable and take them to another room when we need to. I have 100% confidence in our ICT departments ability to solve this problem but it does make you realise how important it is to have an open and accepting industry wide standard wifi system for future growth and development. Whether we like it or not the flood gates have opened and the devices are going to come. Will your network cope with the tidal wave?

No comments: